Post Purchase Health Checks by Bird Vet
- What is a Post Purchase Health Check and Why Should My New Pet have one as soon as possible?Would you want to know as soon as possible if you had just been sold a lemon disguised as a peach?
- The facts are that many pets, especially birds, are actually sick at the time they are sold and bought by unsuspecting new owners who have often been reassured that the pet is healthy. Not so!
- The facts are that many pets, especially birds, have been mixed with other birds from different sources before being sold, and at the time of sale are incubating a series of infectious diseases
- Uneducated people often wonder why their new pet gets sick within days or weeks of getting it home, and in the case of birds, often dies
- A Post-Purchase Health Check of your new pet should be done as soon as possible after you have obtained the pet, certainly within 3 days of doing so, both for the sake of the pet, and so that you have a science-supported basis for returning the pet and/or getting financially compensated if the pet is found to have major health challenges, such as in the case of birds, PBFD and/or Avian Chlamydia infections
- Unfortunately advice given at the time of sale is often inadequate, out of date and mis-leading
- Staff at many pet shops aim to make as many add-on sales as they can and frequently sell diets, toys, cages, perches and other items that in essence to those who really know, are simply health hazards and a waste of money
Ross Perry has been conducting Post Purchase Health Checks on Birds,
Puppies and Kittens for over 30 years and is very aware of the
importance of starting your pet and you on the correct track of minimal
disease, balanced nutrition and excellent management
- If and when you have a new pet, especially a bird, arrange for an appointment with Dr Ross Perry for a physical examination or remote evaluation of your pet as soon as possible so that he can help you
Gold Coast Bird Vet Specialist Dr Ross Perry, PO Box 520, Mullumbimby NSW 2482 consulting strictly by appointment. To make appointment please ring 02 66795770 or 0419693279 or e-mail email@example.com. Similarly book your appointment for your long distance phone or Skype (DoctorRossPerry) or iChat (DoctorRossPerry) consultations with Dr Ross Perry.